Sunday, June 15, 2008

Girl's Camp


I had so much fun at Girl's Camp! It was an amazing experience. I had a lot of fun spending time with my friends. The spirit was so strong. It was at Mount Lemmon in Tucson. It was a beautiful view. I got car sick on the way up the mountain and I threw up, so that wasn't fun. When we got there we took all of our gear to our campsite. We were at the very bottom of a hill. It was tiring to get up to the the stage and the Lodge (cafeteria) but we had a good view. I was roommates with my friend Sarah at first. Mikenna and Shanci were sharing a tent but they found a big spider in it so on the second day, Shanci slept in our tent. When Shanci went home because of a twisted ankle, Mikenna moved into our tent. It was fun staying up and talking and goofing off. The hike wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm a second year so we got the 5 mile hike. We went up the mountain and then came down, so coming down was easier. It was so pretty! There was a river and a bunch of trees and big rock formations.

Testimony Rock is a big ledge that overlooks the valley. A couple years ago, there was a fire that went in a complete circle around our campsite and you can see the burnt trees. You may not think it was pretty, but it was! Being there was an amazing feeling.

Thursday night, our bishopric came to camp and we had a testimony meeting. It was the most spiritual experience I have ever had. Everyone was in tears because of all the emotions. Our friendships were strengthened and we all grew to love each other more. We had KRISPY KREME DONUTS afterwards!! I hadn't had a Krispy Kreme in forever! It was delicious.

Friday on the drive home, we stopped for something to eat. I had Panda Express. We also bought Eegee's. Eegee's is delicious! They are kind of like slushies but they have a smoother texture. The orange flavor is the bestest!

I had a great experience at camp. I can't wait to go next year. I have a bunch of camp songs stuck in my head though! :) Arickabamboo! . . . . :) Here's just a few pictures. I'll post more pictures later.

♥♥Kennedy♥♥








5 comments:

Ricci said...

I am so glad you had such a good time at camp. Everyone has complemented me on how grown up you are. It is so neat to see you growing up to be such a wonderful young women. I love you and everything you do for me.

Ricci said...

now you cant say i never post.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, man I want 2 go 2 camp so not Fair! LOL just kiddi'n!!!

Tami said...

Camp looks like fun! I loved camp when I was your age. You will have those memories forever. What a great group of girls in your picture. You look darling! See you soon!

shelby said...

You remind me so much of Grandma Jeanne. She loved the mountains and always loved the view from up there. You write like she did too. I love to see so much of her in you, I can still picture her rocking you in that wicker rocking chair and singing to you. She loves you so much and I do as well. You are such a beautiful young woman and I am very proud of you. Love you!