Sunday, December 23, 2007

We're leaving for Utah on the 27th!!!! I'm soooo excited to see my family up there!! Katie left this morning and I didn't tell her goodbye :(. She went to California for Christmas. I went to go see National Treasure II Book of Secrets last night with her and her friend Lexie. It was so good! This one was more about Abraham Lincoln and the end of the civil war, and Mount Rushmore and things like that.

We were going to see P.S. I Love You, but my mom didn't want me seeing that one. I felt bad because Katie and Lexie wanted to see that one and they just HAD to go see National Treasure with me, and they'll never let me forget it. I gave Katie her Christmas present yesterday. I wrote her a poem entitled "Katie" and I made her a quilt. I'll post some pictures of the quilt later. It took me such a long time to quilt the blanket! It was my first ever blanket/quilt that I've ever made and I hope she likedit. For the poem, I wrote it and I printed it on pretty colored paper, put a picture of us two on it, and put it in a frame. She said she liked that better than the quilt. . . Here's the poem, if you're at all interested:

Katie

Katie is one of those friends who will always care.
She's known to always smile, love, and share.
Even when she's down she tries her best to make your day,
Though she can be rough when she doesn't get her way! :D (JK, but It rhymed!)
She gives the best advice to all,
she's always on the ball.
She gets A's in all her classes,
Can't get enough designer glasses.
She loves to win and know the stats,
She's up to date with all the facts.
She has enough clothes to dress a mob,
It's against her standards to cheat or rob.
Though her looks attract the guys,
Not 'til 16 will she take the prize.
Very creative with ideas to write a book,
She'll curl up and read in her cozy nook.
She loves to dance and all the sort,
But, her one ambition is to report.
Not things like stars and 'hard to get',
But important things like wars and fret.

Katie, my one true friend,
I'll be there for you 'til the end.
-Kennedy Nightingale

It took me a while to write, but in the end I was proud of myself! I was impressed with how well everything fit together! I won't be able to see Katie the whole Christmas break because she gets back from California the day we leave for Utah.

*~Kennedy~*




No comments: