Thursday, May 29, 2008

fun, fun, fun

Today I'm really lazy and tired. I wasn't motivated to do ANYTHING, but I had to anyways. Last night I slept over at Katie's house. We read books and talked. We were really tired in the morning so we slept in. I had to leave at 10:30 because I babysat for Sister Newman. She has three adorable children. Beth is 6, Grant is 3, and Ashlynn is 1. They're really cute. We played a Littlest Petshop game and Candyland for most of the time. Grant is autistic so he acts younger than his age and he repeats himself so he was a little difficult to understand. He'd repeat everything Beth said! He found a maraca at the park, so he kept saying, "My maraca, David found at play group." And he kept asking, "Is my mom in the garage?" It took me a while to figure out what he was asking because he mumbles a little bit. but he is really cute! And Ashlynn kept glaring at me like she was mad at me! She was asleep until 6 minutes before her mom got home, so I think she was still grumpy from being woken up. They're really cute kids!

In the summertime, I do a "tutoring" kind of thing for Morgan, Connor, and Morgan's friends Hailey and Sophia. It's basically a summer school but I teach it. It's a big responsibility keeping up with the grades and the lesson plan and the activity, but it's fun. I think I want to be a teacher when I grow up, so this is really preparing me. Today we had "computers" and they practiced their typing and we learned about the parts of the computer and things like that. We also read more of our class book, The Magic Treehouse. We have a lot of fun everyday. I love teaching them.

Last night at Young Women's we had combined activity. We had a couple from Queen Creek come and teach us how to do the Swing. My daddy was my partner! We can now do the Single Swing! It was really fun!

♥♥Kennedy♥♥

PS: We were at Ricardo's last night for dinner. We were all quiet and Mason says, "You know Mom, Jesus made this food!" And then later on we heard someone at another table say to another person, "Welcome to Arizona!" and Mason gives me this flabbergasted (ha ha) look and he goes, "Wait, we're in ARIZONA?!" And my mom laughs and says, "Yeah, where did you think we were?" And Mason says, "In Casa Grandee" (he says the "E". We Arizonians commonly say Casa Grand!). It was pretty funny! We took a few minutes to explain that Casa Grande is a city in ARIZONA!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I think it's great that you teach the kids! I bet you are great at it. Your grandma would love the fact that you want to be a teacher. Look at you... smart, beautiful and talented! Is it hard having it all? Keep up the good work doll! Love ya!